Saturday, May 31, 2008

Customer satisfaction guaranteed...eventually

A long, long, LONG time ago, I wandered into a sporting good store and ordered a Brian Bannister powder blue jersey. Lots and lots of things went wrong with the customer service at this store, which I have detailed at Ladies..., but the jersey was finally shipped to a store in the correct city, so I went to pick it up today.

Turns out the store in which I placed the original order had made yet another mistake: Instead of ordering the $80ish "replica" jersey with crappy iron-on lettering (which is what I actually ordered because it's all I could afford), they ordered the $125 "authentic" model with beautifully stitched lettering. I was pretty crestfallen when I saw this, because I would either have to pay way more than I could afford and then feel buyer's remorse later, or wait another five weeks to get a different one, and have to keep dealing with this particular sporting goods store.

Luckily, the customer service here is much more competent than the other store, in that they actually did something to serve their customer (a novel idea, no?). So I now possess, and am currently wearing, a much nicer jersey than I ordered, at only the cost of the crappy-looking one and a few customer service-induced headaches.

Meanwhile, the Royals lost again. I was fortunate enough to miss this round of heartbreak (although seeing my O-Royals drop both games of a doubleheader wasn't exactly a picnic either), but my brother forced me to watch the bottom of the 9th. What a meanie. I really can not do this anymore, this losing thing. So I will turn to Kyle Davies for hope... :(

2 comments:

Kathy said...

And Kyle came through tonight, along with the rest of the team.

Minda said...

Yes indeedy. Finally.