Sunday, August 03, 2008

Fracas fracas fracas fracas

Word of the day: Fracas. It was used in two headlines on the Royals.com front page...FRACAS!
(AP Photo/Ed Zurga)

Sad thing is, I missed the KC game entirely, but heard score updates (and news of the...fracas) via some fans* at the Omaha game. Today was a damn good day to be a hater of the White Sox. Minnesota beat Cleveland, and Kansas City beat Chicago, which gave took the Sox out of first place and restored a caboodle of the pieces of my soul which had been destroyed while the Sox held their place atop the division.

*some of my favorite people in the entire world, I should add. This one particular family is as much a part of my ORoyals gameday experience as the team itself. I feel lost whenever they have to miss a game! Today, one of my coworkers brought a bucket of ice/water, and this family brought a bunch of microfiber towels to dunk in the ice water to combat the triple-digit temperatures. It was beyond amazing.

I'm going to go watch the game now...ahh, the magic of DVR. Go Royals!

No comments: