Monday, May 28, 2007

Locusts, frogs, boils, famine, darkness...

The good news about being injured is that I can stay home and keep better track of the Royals. The bad news is, I have to be at home to hear all the excruciating details. Let's take a peek at the key phrases in the royals.com headlines from the last few games:
Denied
Lopsided defeat
Falls prey
Not enough

Cannot...rescue


These are desparate words, more fitting of dying honeybee populations than my baseball team. What happened to those good Royals about whom I wrote last week? The Royals that would battle rather than lie down and die?

These last five games have been pathetic, and things need to improve NOW. I was rather enjoying having a better record than the Cardinals, but thanks to this awful streak, that joyous tidbit is no longer true.

No comments: