Wednesday, October 10, 2007

He said it best

Joe Po always says what I want to say, only a thousand times better. I got home from class this afternoon, and heard someone on ESPN talking about the possibility of Tony La Russa being Joe Torre's successor at the helm of the Yankees. My immediate reaction was -- and I am not making this up -- a comical, cinematic "Whaaaaaaaaaat?!?" (My roommate can attest to this.)

Posnanski's response was a lot more eloquent and cool-headed:
A friend brought up a rumor, I have no idea if it’s true, that the Yankees want to hire Tony La Russa to be the manager next year, replacing Joe Torre. I want to say right now that I am 100 percent in favor of this. I’m 40 now, and I simply don’t have the time to do all the things I need to do in my life. There are so many projects I want to get involved with but I lack the time. So I’m always looking to consolidate. It would certainly help my schedule if, instead of spending so much time despising BOTH LaRussa and the Yankees, they could be together in one easy-to-loathe package.

Heh. Exactly.

Incidentally, I think I need a separate tag for posts regarding Posnanski's writing, especially given the number of visitors who find this blog by Googling his name.
UPDATE: So it shall be written, so it shall be done!

No comments: