Monday, June 11, 2007

VERY briefly

- How about that Justin Huber? Pretty fantastic game all around (box), but I forgot my sunscreen so I'm hurting.

- Sadly, seeing the O-Royals meant missing the KC Royals beating the poo out of Jamie Moyer and company. It's not often that I laugh out loud when reading a wrap from a game, but Tony Pena Jr. cracks me up:
Tony Pena Jr. also rocked Moyer for a home run, a solo shot that was his first for the Royals.

"I got lucky, pretty much," Pena said.

Asked what sort of pitch the wily Moyer lobbed his way, Pena just grinned.

"I have no idea," he said. "I just swung hard, just in case."
Heh. Now it's time to gear up for the Cardinals. I don't know about you all, but I am pumped.

- I briefly considered making the trip to Des Moines today to see Matt Wright pitch against the division-leading Iowa Cubs, but then I realized that I despise that city. Guess I'll just listen on the radio.

No comments: